Monday, February 1, 2010

Thai Chicken pasta

Today we were supposed to have the pork roast from yesterday, which I was missing spinach for, but due to a sick child and spending the day at the doctors and then getting labs done, I didn't get to the grocery store for the spinach so I picked something I thought i had all of the ingredients for. Of course par for the course today I was missing salsa. Brandon picked some up on the way home, but they only had medium at the cvs, so I used 1 cup salsa and 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes that I had in the fridge so it wouldn't be too spicy. This recipe comes from a taste of home healthy cooking magazine. I also had no cilantro. It was good. I thought it would have been better with all salsa. Tavio thought it was a 5 star meal.

This is mostly the original recipe. (minus the wheat pasta, low sodium, reduced fat...info.) I tripled it, used the crushed tomato, forgot the peanuts and didn't hhve the cilantro. I also heated the sauce in a saucepan instead of in the microwave.


Ingredients
  • 3 oz. linguini
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
  • 2 Tablespoon orange juice
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
  • 1 Tablespoon chopped peanuts
  • 1 Tablespoon minced cilantro
Directions
  1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
  2. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine the salsa, peanut butter, orange juice, honey and soy sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minute; stir. Add the chicken; heat through. (I just put it in a saucepan and heated it until it boiled then added the chicken)
  3. Serve over noodles. Top with peanuts and cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails