Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pasta with sausage, red potatoes, and green beans

I thought I had done excellently this week at getting all of my recipes typed in on the day I made them, or at least the day after, but as I was adding pictures this week, I had a picture of this one with no recipe. Oops. Here it is. It is from The food Nanny. I doubled it and changed the cheese. This is the recipe doubled. It was fine - not super great, but not bad at all, simple enough to make.

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. pasta
  • 8 small red potatoes, quartered
  • 1 lb italian sausage
  • 1/2 cup minced onion
  • 2 minced garlic cloves
  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 Tablespoons butter
  • 1 cans green beans, drained
  • 1 Tablspoon coarsely chopped fresh parsley ( I didn't have this, but it would have been nice.)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup grated romano, asiago or Parmesan cheese - I didin't want this, so I added muenster. DH ans DS who likes strong cheese added Romano and loved it.
Direction
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain
  2. Steam the potatoes boil until tender.
  3. Brown the sausage in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and sstir until the onion is soft and the sausage is completely cooked. Pour in the broth. Simmer 3 minutes. Stir in oil and butter until butter melts. Add the green beans, potatoes, and pasta. Mix well with a large spoon. Add the parsely and salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Decrease the heat to low and sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese over the mixtuer. Cook until the cheese is melted.
  5. Serve. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails