Tuesday, March 2, 2010

chick pea stew

This was my lunch as per sparkpeople's nutrition tracker. It was very lacking in anything for flavor so I spiced it up a little bit. I doubled it, added onion, bell pepper, Mrs. Dash garlic blend and chipotle seasoning. It still wasn't my favorite.


Ingredients
  • 1 potato, diced
  • 2 teaspoons oil
  • 2 Tablespoons diced onions
  • 2 Tablespoons diced green pepper
  • seasonings of choice - I used Mrs. Dash garlic blend and a bit of chipotle powder.
  • 2 roma tomatoes, pureed
  • 1 cup chick peas
  • Reduced fat colby jack cheese
Directions
Saute potato, onions, green pepper and spices in oil until browned. Add pureed tomatoes and simmer until potatoes are soft. Stir in chick peas and heat through. I stirred in 1 ounce of cheese and topped it with another 1/2 ounce to add a bit more flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails