Monday, March 8, 2010

Hummus

So today's lunch per Sparkpeople was a whole wheat pita with hummus and red peppers, so I made pitas, and I made hummus. Both turned out really well (other than the garlic breath from the hummus.) Here is how I made the hummus - I did get the idea to used sour cream from a sparkpeople recipe, but I subbed out the sesame oil and upped the garlic from the recipe I saw there.

Ha, I just came back to get this recipe to make some hummus and realized I didn't put the main ingredient of chick peas.  Oops.  Wouldn't be much of anything without that.  Problem solved. 


Ingredients
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 2 teaspoon olive oil
  • 3 Tablespoon fat free sour cream
  • 1/8 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 can chick peas rinsed and drained

Directions
Combine ingredients and mix with stick blender (or regular blender or food processor...) Blend until smooth.  Enjoy with veggies, pita chips ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails