Saturday, March 20, 2010

strawberry cobbler

I had some strawberries and wanted to make a dessert with them. I looked around at sparkpeople, but it kept locking up on me so I headed to allrecipes and found this recipe. I changed it o make it healthier- cut butter and sugar. I still used a mix of splenda and sugar, but you could probably use all splenda. It was super simple to make.

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup splenda
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cups skim milk
  • 1 lb strawberries (cut into 1/4s if large)
Directions
  1. Heat oven to 350. Put buter in an 8 inch square dish and put in oven until melted.
  2. Meanwhile, whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl. Add milk and whisk until smooth. Rinse and hull strawberries, slicing if necessary.
  3. Remove melted butter from oven. Pour batter over butter. Sprinkle strawberries on top of that.
  4. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until batter browns and fruit bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails