Sunday, March 7, 2010

garlic fries

I got the idea for this recipe from sparkpeople.com. I changed it up a bit. Original recipe used less potatoes and spices, and used cooking spray rather than oil, but I actually needed a bit more fat in my diet today so I used oil. They should work with cooking spray though.
These ended up way too spicy for us. I think I would cut the Mrs. Dash in half if I make it again. Maybe even cut it down to 1 teaspoon. I was hoping for a garlic fry not so much a spicy fry. Brandon however thought they were a 5 star.


Ingredients
  • 4 potatoes
  • 4 teaspoons oregano
  • 4 teaspoons paprika
  • 4 teaspoons Mrs. Dash
  • 2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
Directions
  1. Cut potatoes in wedges or strips. Place oil in and potatoes in a bowl. Toss to coat.
  2. Mix spices in a zip top bag. Add potatoes, toss to coat.
  3. Bake at 450 for 30-40 minutes stirring in the middle of cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails