Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tapas meatballs with orange glaze

This is a recipe from taste of home magazine. I had to change out ketchup for tomato sauce because I was out of ketchup and no one told me. I also didn't have the type of feta that you can cut into blocks, but I actually think that was probably easier. This is how I made them. I really liked them. Although tapas are an appetizer, we had this and another appetizer for dinner this day. B -5 star, T - 3, me-4



Ingredients
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 cup tomato sauce
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 Tablespoon paprika
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 2 1/2 oz fetta cheese (cut into 16 cubes if you have that kind)

Glaze

  • 1 jar (12 oz.) orange marmalade
  • 3 green onions chopped
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (I actually used 1/2 because the pepper I had was huge for a jalapeno.)

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine first 9 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.

Divide into 16 portions; flatten. Top each with a cheese cube (or divide teh feta evenly amoung the discs.) Form beef mixture around cheese into meatballs. Place on a greased rack on a cookie sheet. Bake uncovered at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink. (mine were done in 20.)

In a small saucepan, heat the marmalade, orage juice, half of the green onions, and the jalapeno.

Place the meatballs in a serving dish; pour glaze over the top and gently stir to coat. Garnish with remaining green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails