- 6-8 pork loin chops cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1/2 onion)
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15.5 oz can corn, drained
- 1 15.5 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 7 oz can green chilies
- chili powder (I think I used a teaspoon)
- garlic salt (1 tsp ?)
- taco sauce a couple of tablespoons - should have used more.
Trim excess fat from chops; Spray pan with cooking spray (or heat 1 tsp - 1 Tablespoon oil in pan and fry pork chops. Season with salt and pepper. Set chops aside. Add 1 Tablespoon of butter to the pan (unless you have some nice pork drippings - I didn't.) Sautee green pepper and onions in butter till tender. Stir in tomatoes, corn, kidney beans, uncooked rice, water, chili peppers, seasonings. Bring to boiling. Turn into a 9 x 13 pan. Arrange pork chops on top. cover and bake in a 350 oven for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes more or till meat is tender.