Monday, January 4, 2010

Awesome Breakfast casserole

I found this recipe on the sparkpeople recipe ap for my iphone. I check out sparkpeople recipes occasionally, but more now that I have that ap. It makes it easy to look at them. I have to admit, it was pretty awesome and seemed to be liked by everyone. I really liked it and I'm not a huge egg fan. It was simple and quite tasty. I'm posting 2 pictures but I really don't like either of them. Probably should have taken a picture before dishing it out of the pan. Either way, it was tastier than the picture in my opinion, although Brandon thought it could use more flavor. I thought maybe it would taste good with some apple cut up in it.





Ingredients
  • 1 12 oz. package Jimmy Dean 50% less fat Pork Sausage
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (lowfat)
  • 1 cup Heart Smart Bisquick mix (we had some other pancake mix, and only 1/2 a cup, so we used another 1/2 cup flour and some baking powder.)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 2 cups skim milk (we used 2%)
  • 4 eggs
Directions
1. Brown sausage and drain.
2. Arrange cheese and sausage in bottom of a greased 9x13 pan
3. In separate bowl, beat milk, eggs, Bisquick, salt, and pepper, until smooth.
4. Pour mixture over cheese and sausage.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails