Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pork Lo Mein

Hey, I just found out I've already done a pork lo mein recipe. This is a different pork lo mein. It came from a Betty Crocker magazine from Jan '03. I used a lot more pork than it called for. 1 1/2 lbs. The recipe called for only 1/2 lb. So, I pretty much doubled everything else except the ginger. It was still a little too gingery for DH - he'd probably only give it a 2 star, but it has to be one of the favorite things of the baby. I thought he would pop he ate so much. Listed are the ingredients and amounts I used.



Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 pounds pork loin - I used chops. They were quicker to cut into pieces
  • 3 cups snap pea pods
  • 1 package matchstick cut carrots
  • 9 ounces linguine broken into 2 inch pieces - I broke the sticks in half, then in half again.
  • 2/3 cup chicken stock
  • 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • 4 teaspoons corn starch
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 4 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot (I grated it.)
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
  • sesame seed, if desired (I was going to add these and forgot. Oops)
Directions
  1. Trim fat from pork. Cut pork with grain into 2 X 1 inch strips; cut strips across grains into 1/8 inch slices. (I just cut my chops into 1/4 - 1/8 inch strips, then cut those in half if they were longer than 2 inches.) Remove strings from pea pods. (mine didn't have any)
  2. Cook linguini according to package directions addind pea pods and carrots during last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking. Drain.
  3. Mix broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, garlic and gingerrot.
  4. spray nonstick wok with cooking spary; heat over medium high heat until cooking spray starts to bubble. Add pork and onion; stir-fry about 2 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. Stir broth mixture, stir into pork mixture. Stir pea pods, carrots and linguine. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails