Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chicken and Potato Wedges with Lemon-dill sauce

This comes from a Pillsbury Fast and Healthy magazine that I had from Jan/Feb '99. I remember it being really good which is why I picked it again, but I wasn't nearly as impressed by it this time. I overcooked the chicken by following the recipe, and I overcooked the potatoes. If I make this again, I will use a thermometer to monitor the temp of the chicken so it doen't overcook because I like the sauce that goes with it. I also may just make mashed potatoes. No one was a huge fan of boiled potatoes - or I could bake the slices in the oven, but then I don't think they would go with the sauce, and I like the lemon sauce.




Potatoes
  • 1 lb. red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt, if desired
Chicken and Sauce
  • 4 boneless ckinless chicken breast halves
  • 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
  • 1 teaspoon dried dill
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • dash pepper
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley (I didn't use this)
Directions
  1. Combine 6 cups water, potato wedges and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes or until poatoes are tender. Drain well.
  2. Meanwhile, to flatten each chicken breast half, place boned side up between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Working from center, gently pound chicken with flat side of mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick; remove wrap.
  3. Melt 1 teaspoon butter until bubbly. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes.
  4. Turn chicken; sprinkle with dill. Cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
  5. In the smae skillet, combine remaining 1 Tablespoon and 2 teaspoons butter, water, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
  6. To serve, place potatoes on serving paltter. Arange chicken around outer edges, spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle with parsley.
4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails