Sunday, January 3, 2010

Crescent Danish Rolls

This is yet another recipe from Real mom kitchen. She is one of my favorite places to go and find breakfast recipes. I've always been pretty crazy in my dinner planning - never eating the same thing twice in a month, but never so creative in my breakfast planning. It has been fun to try lots of new things. These were quite tasty. I found that I didn't use all of my cream cheese mixture. While I'm sure I could make them again and stuff more cream cheese in them, I would rather use a third can of crescent rolls and so everyone in the family could have 2. I would need to make more icing though. I should have actually read Laura's directions though and used a baggie to decorate the top. Then my picture would have been prettier. I just used the back of the spoon to drizzle. I also kind of want to try them with a cinnamon roll dough or something, but that would end up taking longer, and make them less flaky.




Ingredients

  • 1 (8 0z) pkg of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 2 (8 oz) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough (I'll use 3 next time)
  • 4 tsp. preserves or jam
Glaze:

  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 to 3 tsp milk
Heat oven to 350. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice. Beat until smooth. Separate dough into 8 rectangles, firmly pressing perforations to seal. (or use the crescent creations dough and cut into 8 rectangles. I'd love to try this but have never found them.) Spread each rectangle with about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Leave 1/2 inch around 1 long sides and two short sides clean and free of cream cheese. Roll up jelly roll style starting on long side, rolling to long side with 1/2 inch free of cream cheese. Firmly pinch edge and ends to seam. Gently stretch each roll to around 10-12 inches. On an ungreased cookie sheet, coil each roll into a spiral with the seam side on the inside, tucking end under. Make a deep indentation in the center of each roll and fill with 1/2 tsp. jam or preserves.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until deep golden brown. In a small bowl blend glaze ingredients, adding enough milk to make drizzling consistency. Put glaze in a small plastic zipper bag. Snip a small amount off the corner of the bag, creating a small hole. Drizzle glaze from bag using hole over warm rolls.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails