Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baked sweet potatoes and pork chops

This recipe came from the saving dinner book. It was meant to be a freezer meal, but I didn't make it as a freezer meal. It wasn't my favorite. The flavor was good, I liked the pineapple with the syrup and cinnamon, and sweet potatoes, but I wasn't a fan of the sweet potatoes being mashed. I think it may be better with diced sweet potatoes on top. The potatoes on top were not to watery, but the stuff on the bottom were way to watery, and that is where the flavor was. I wouldn't try it again unless I did something different like dice the sweet potatoes.



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (I used more like 3 - 2 didn't cover it, and I had made more than that.)
  • 6 boneless loin pork chops
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple
  • 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions.
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Place all ingredients except sweet potatoes in a zip-top bag and mix. Place in the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan. Top with sweet potatoes. Bake for 30 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails