Monday, July 12, 2010

Coconut glaze fruit salad

I made this fruit salad for Brandon's birthday.  It was soooo good.  Definitely a keeper.  The original recipe called for light coconut milk - I didn't have any but I did have some coconut cream.  I used a bit of that.  I really don't think it needed it.  The extract and lime were where the real flavor came from.


Ingredients
  • 2 cups halved strawberries (I just got the large container and actually quartered them)
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 cup grapes
  • 1 cup chopped peaches (I just used 1 peach)
  • 1 banana sliced
  • 1 large apple, chopped
Glaze ingredients
  • 6 oz. fat free vanilla yogurt
  • 1/4 cup light coconut milk (I used a couple tablespoons coconut cream)
  • 2 Tablespoons splenda
  • 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
Directions

Mix glaze ingredients in a large bowl.  Cut fruit into bowl.  Stir together and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails