Sunday, July 4, 2010

Pine nut and coconut-crusted salmon, melon salsa, couscous and asparagus

Pine nut and coconut-crusted salmon, melon salsa, couscous and asparagus - sounds delicious right - wrong - one of the worst meals ever.  I have to say that it was mostly due to the fact that we had some bad salmon, but that wasn't all.  Sad too because I was really looking forward to trying the meal.  It had you crush pine nuts and coconut together.  Then you dipped the fish in water, flour, water and rolled it in the nuts.  Sounds wonderful right.  I used up all of the pine nuts and did the second half of the fish with almonds.  Almonds and coconut - yum.  However, upon putting the first bite of salmon in my mouth, all hopes for a good meal were gone.  The salmon was way too fishy and it made my mouth tingle like it was full of vinegar or something - NOT what it should have done.  
I was looking forward to the couscous as well because I was trying a tri-colored couscous at a restaurant and it had been good - so I was trying this type of couscous in the recipe rather than the regular type which I do not like.  It was made with beef broth, so I had hoped it would have a nice flavor,  but it was just plain.  
Even the asparagus was mediocre.  It wasn't cooked enough....  
We ended up going out to chick fil a.   

It looked nice though.









Oh, did I mention that I also had a can of jam explode on me this day as well?  I poured my boiling  jam in the jar, put the lid on, flipped it upside down like I always do and all of a sudden the bottom burst off into my hand.  NOT my day for cooking.   
There is the residual jam left on my counter after my spillage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails