Serve this with milk, or on top of yogurt.
|Here is what it looked like today. I had some organic chocolate crisp cereal |
I tried in there this time. The white balls are the puffed millet. Looks like I got
a bit carried away with it. :)
- rolled oats - lots - think about 1/2-3/4 of the amount you want to make. I use a big bowl and fill it about 1/2 way with oats.
Optional ingredients - just pick and choose what you like
- chopped nuts - any type
- seeds - ground flax, flax, chia, sesame...
- wheat germ
- any desired cereal - I try to stick to healthy ones. Read labels carefully... Really you can put anything here - just not a lot. I like the cereal for a change of flavor and/or texture - grape nuts add a great crunch, rice crispies do too. I also like puffed grain cereal - found a puffed millet I added for fun last time.
- any dried fruit - raisins, blueberries.... (I love to add raisins - they add sweetness.)
- unsweetened coconut
- Granola - home made is great. Use enough to make the muesli sweet.
Fill a large mixing bowl about 1/2 way full with rolled oats. Add any optional ingredients and stir to combine. Store in an airtight container.