Thursday, April 5, 2012

veggie sandwiches

Today we had some sandwiches which were extremely reminiscent of these.  Of course I just now looked them up to make sure this was worth a post.  2 things make it worth the post.  #1 these were on a bagel.  I have to remember to do that more often, it is so yummy.  #2, they had other veggies.  They were tasty, but my poor 3 year old had a fit when I threw veggies on top of his bagel.  He ended up dipping his veggies in Catalina and eating them, then eating his bagel and cream cheese.  I was fine with that so long as he was eating his veggies.
I guess a third thing that I love about this, and a reason to re-post is that you can really throw any veggies you want on this sandwich.  I think I just need to remind myself of that.  The kids were happy not to have to eat a salad.  :)  I figured they got their raw food in their sandwich.  

Ingredients
  • Bagels (My kiddos had the choice of Thomas' whole wheat or everything bagels today.  Had I been better at wanting to continue cooking after dinner last night, I would have started a dough for some home-made bagels.)
  • cream cheese (my kiddos had a choice of plain, or onion and chive)
  • 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced (Don't usually peel my cucumber but this one had a really thick skin that was hard to chew.  Sad that my nice English cucumbers were gone.  I do cut my cucumber in half lengthwise and remove all of the seeds before slicing.)
  • alfalfa sprouts
  • 1 tomato thinly sliced.  
Directions
  1. spread bagels with cream cheese, top with veggies and serve as a sandwich.  

This idea came from 6 oclock scramble.  She suggests serving them with scrambled eggs.  I just made some ice cream -- so much healthier right?  Actually it is just fruit, agave and half and half.  Not too bad if you ask me.  I just realized I haven't posted the recipe for it, so it will be next.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails