This turned out great. I love cooking beans in the crock pot. I totally have to remember to do that more often. I did think it was a bit peppery. Would love to fiddle with the spices in the recipe - less pepper, maybe add chili powder or chipotle chili powder for spice? However, everyone ate and loved the burritos.
- 3 cups dried black beans
- 10 cups water
- 1 Teaspoon dried garlic minces
- 4 Tablespoons minced dried onions
- 1/2 cup freeze dried celery
- 1/4 cup dried bell pepper mix (red and green)
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons pepper.
- Rinse and sort beans. Add to crock pot with all remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 8 hours or until soft.
- When done, drain (saving liquid) mash with potato masher or immersion blender or whatever you want to use to get the desired consistency, adding reserved liquid as necessary. (My sister suggests making them a little on the runny side because they thicken over time.
- Serve as a side, or add