Sunday, April 25, 2010

Artichoke chicken mini pizzas

Good thing I take pictures.  It reminds me what I haven't blogged about.  These are a little mini pizza that I tried at the grocery store the other day.  They were good and different so I bought the ingredients to make them.  First I lost the recipe.  Then I found out I could look it up online.  I found it there but then I couldn't find the pitas.  I had begun to think that I really hadn't even bought them.  I finally found them a couple of days later at the very back of the pantry.  Apparently my 4 year old tried to help me put away the groceries and just threw those in there but I have a verly long, narrow pantry that goes back under my stairs so I don't go to the back unless I'm getting something I ran out of.  Once I had both the pitas and access to the recipe online I finally made the pitas.  It will probably be hard to repeat unless you live in Texas because the ingredients are rather specific to HEB which is a Texas grocery store.  I actually liked them better in the store.  They were good at home, but not as good as at the store somehow.  Benjamin ate them up at the store but not at home at all.  Brandon loved them.


Ingredients
  • 2 HEB fully cooked Italian chicken breasts (I just used my own pre-cooked chicken.  It wasn't Italian flavored, but believe me, these have Plenty of flavor.)
  • 6 pita flatbreads (HEB makes square ones with Italian seasonings baked in.  There are only 5 in a package, so I made only 5)
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
  • 2 Tablespoons HEB Basil Pesto Tapenade
  • 1 jar (10 oz) HEB Artichoke Tapenade
  • 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 carton HEB Feta crumbles (again, they had one with Italian seasoning which I used)
Directions
  1. Heat overn to 400
  2. Thaw chicken breasts (cut if using HEB)
  3. Line 2 baking sheets with foil. (I actually squished mine onto 1.) 
  4. Combine cream cheese with pesto in a small bowl.  Spread over pitas.  Spoon artichoke tapenade over pesto.  Arrange chicken and bell pepper over bread and sprikle with cheese.
  5. Bake 10-15 minutes or until pizzas begin to brown.  Let stand 2 to 3 minutes.  Cut into 4 slices each and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails