Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tuna casserole for 1

I made this up for lunch the other day and it was yummy so I'm writing what I did so I can make it again.  I'm pretty sure I didn't take a picture, but I'd like to remind myself what I did since I always want lunch ideas that are simple and nutritious.  I'm writing this how I made it which did leave me with a tiny bit of left over tuna salad mixture.  I just fed it to my son with crackers for a snack when he came home from school.  If you really like tuna, I'm sure you could just add all of the tuna. 



Ingredients
  • 1 5 oz. can tuna drained
  • 2 teaspoon light mayo
  • 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 1 oz. fat free cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup elbow macaroni.
Directions
  1. Prepare macaroni acording to package directions.
  2. Meanwhile, mix tuna, mayo, and relish in a bowl.
  3. Place ff cheddar cheese in another bowl.
  4. When noodles are done, drain and quickly add to the bowl with the cheese.  Stir until cheese melts.  Add 2/3 -3/4  of the tuna mix and the celery and mix until well combined.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails