Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Whole wheat banana pancakes

I made this recipe up today after searching sparkpeople for a banana pancake recipe.  I was going to follow one there, but it used 1 extra large egg and only 2 bananas and I had 3 to use.  I also decided to go ahead and try whole wheat which I don't usually do with pancakes, but it was just me and the little boys who are not anti wheat like the rest of the household.  Super simple and nutritious recipe.  They turned out great.  First batch didn't cook well, but I didn't wait the 15 minutes I wrote in the recipe (which lots of whole grain recipes have you wait.)  I had 2 hungry boys who did NOT want to wait 15 minutes.  By the last batch, they were perfect. 
Ingredients
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups milk (I used skim)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 Tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 Tablespoons splenda
  • 2 Tablespoons chopped pecans (optional -I added these after the 1st griddle full.)

Directions

In a medium size bowl, smash bananas with a fork.  Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.  In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and splenda.  Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined.  Stir in pecans.  Let stand for 15 minutes while you heat an electric griddle to 350.  I made 17 good size pancakes.

The baby and I ate these plain.  The 4 year old dipped them in syrup.

Nutritional Info

Servings Per Recipe: 17

Amount Per Serving
Calories: 92.2
Total Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 21.7 mg
Sodium: 177.2 mg
Total Carbs: 17.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
Protein: 3.9 g

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails