Sunday, April 4, 2010

corn bread

I made 3 bean chili again the other day per Tavio's request. I was again looking for another corn bread recipe so I checked out my sparkpeople recipe ap on my iphone and found this recipe. I did change out the sugar for splenda. Not sure if I used 1/2 splenda, 1/2 sugar or all splenda. I had to cook it 15 minutes longer than the recipe called for and still it was extremely moist. More of a cross between corn bread and corn pudding. However, it was super tasty. Not easy to pick up and put butter on like bread, but really yummy. I would make it again, and probably cook it a bit longer. It was what I was looking for - more corn meal, less flour, and cream of corn in the recipe.





Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup corn meal
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup splenda
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 14 oz creamed corn
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese

Directions:


Combine dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients just until combined (I melted the butter because I couldn't figure it could be added "just until combined" if it wasn't melted.) Fold in cheese. Puur into a pie plate. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes (I baked it for more like 40-45 and I would probably bake it a bit longer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails