Sunday, April 25, 2010

Texas Burgers

This recipe comes from Taste of home simple and delicious magazine although I did change it up a bit.  I had to make more because it was technically for only 2 people.  I also made my burgers smaller and made them burgers on buns, not open face on Texas toast. I also used just 1 small can of tomato sauce and wasn't opening another one so I added some Ketchup..... This is how I made it for my family. 


Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon thyme
  • 1 cup Colby Jack cheese
  • 1.25 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
  • 2-3 Tablespoons Ketchup (I just squirted some more to make it look good.)
  • 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon steak sauce
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic, thyme, 3/4 cup cheese and beef.  Mix well.  Shape into 6 patties.  (I made 2 5 oz. burgers, 3 4 oz. burgers and 1 2.2 oz burger - weight includes onion weight though.)  eaedzrrI grilled mine outside on the bbq.
  2. In a large skillet, heat tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and steak sauce.  Bring to a boil.  Cook an stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.  Add cooked burgers to the sauce.  Turn to coat.  Sprinkle burgers with remaining cheese.  Let sit for a minute to melt. 
  3. Serve on buns - top with additional sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails