Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spicy Meatball Sandwiches with coleslaw

This recipe comes from family dinner fix.  I didn't make it nearly as easy as she did because I made my buns from scratch, and I never found cole slaw dressing, so Brandon looked up a coleslaw recipe from food network.  I'll have to have him look it back up.  I remember having it up on the computer for a couple of days because I wanted to blog it, but I never did. 
Anyway, back to the sandwiches - the coleslaw will be another post.  They were ok, but I probably wouldn't make them again.  I found the meatballs to be dry.  The sauce was good, kind of an Indian flavor to it, but I would have preferred the regular Italian flavor meatball sandwich if I were going to the trouble of making home-made meatballs.  So, although they were good, I would choose a regular meatbal sandwich first.  The sauce was also a bit spicy which for some of our anti-spicy family members wasn't good.
I'm not sure if Brandon made any changes as he made this recipe.  If not, it is page 116 in the book.  If so, I'll have him post what he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails