Thursday, April 22, 2010

Holy moly cannoli cones

I bought a new cook book the other day by Hungry girl.  I had read about her on sparkpeople.com, and while looking for a gardening book at Walmart, I happened upon her book.  It wasn't too expensive, and I knew she did healthy or at least healthier recipes from seeing it on sparkpeople, so I bought it.  While I'm not a fan of her writing style at all, her recipes are good -at least the 3 that I have tried so far.  I just made these for the second time this week, so I thought I ought to come and write them down. 
If you want to check out her stuff, her website is http://www.hungry-girl.com/.  I'd love to fiddle with this recipe so that I didn't have such silly measures, but I have not done that.  I haven't been very exact on either my ricotta measures or my cool whip measures.  This time I had a bit extra cool whip, and my cones were fuller.  Last time my cones came just to the top.  Either way - YUM.  I don't think you can mess these up.
Ingredients
  • 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons fat-free ricotta cheese
  • 2/3 cup cool whip - reduced fat or fat free
  • 2 1/2 Tablespoons Splenda
  • 1 Tablespoon fat free, sugar free vanilla instant pudding mix
  • 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips, divided
  • 6 sugar cones
Directions
I just throw everything but the chocolate chips and cones in my Kitchenaide and mix it up well scraping the sides once in between.  Stir in 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips.
Place mix in a bag, cut off corner and pipe into cones. (I just use a sandwich size ziploc - it fits.)  Top with remaining chocolate chips.  My family prefers them refrigerated.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails