I love this taco soup because it is super quick and super simple. I was lazy today and didn't even chop the green onions. I already had onion in my pre-cooked beef and onion in my taco seasoning, so I didn't think it was too big of a deal.
- 1 lb. Lean ground beef
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning mix
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn (but I usually use 2 cups)
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz (1/2 cup) finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- In large saucepan, brown ground beef until thoroughly cooked. Drain. (or use pre-cooked) Add onions and taco seasoning mix; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, corn and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- To serve, ladle soup into serving bowls; top with cheese.