Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grilled tilapia with chimichurri mayo

This recipe comes from a Kraft food and family magazine.  I started getting these long ago in Spanish, then got them in English too, but they have since done away with the English version, so I'm down to only Spanish.  I guess I'm semi lazy about wanting to read my cooking instructions in Spanish because I rarely use it, but I decided to give it a try this week.  Unfortunately for me, I didn't pay enough attention to how much parsley I needed, and thought I had more in the garden than I did.  I was also lazy and didn't want to wait for the coals of the bbq to heat up so I just broiled it.  The thicker pieces turned out really well.  The thinner pieces were a bit dry.

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup mayo 
  • 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (I used 1 lemon which was a tiny bit more than 2 T)
  • 1/3 cup diced onion - I just used a slice that looked like 1/3 cup)
  • 1 cup fresh parsley (only had 1 Tablespoon fresh - I did add a 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley)
  • 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 8 tilapia fillets (2 lbs)  (I ended up using mahi mahi because it was on sale.)
  • 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese.  
Directions
  1. Heat grill (or broiler.)
  2. Place first 6 ingredients and liquefy. Set asid 1/2 of the mayo mix.  (I didn't do this, but I was short on some ingredients.)  Cover both sides of the fillets with the rest of the mayo mix.
  3. Grill (or broil) for 3 minutes per side on until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  
  4. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Serve with mayo sauce.  (I used real Parmesan, not the powdery stuff, and I put mine on and threw it under the broiler for a few more minutes so it would melt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails