Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Asian pork tenderloin with sesame snap peas

I can't believe how far behind this silly blog was.  This is my third day of catch up.  I have 1 more recipe I made to blog, but I just saw this recipe and realized that I hadn't blogged it and it is another one that Brandon made and I'm on a Brandon made it trend for the last what 8 recipes or so?  So, even though this was just made on Sunday and the other meal was last week, I'm posting this first.  I'm just going to assume that he followed all of the directions for both parts of the meal.  I keep them together because I'd rate them both about the same.  (The honey cheesecake bars Brandon made were actually listed on the page with this meal.  It is part of the reason we ended up with 3 desserts - he saw the picture while making this meal.)   All of them were from my Healthy cooking magazine.
It was a decent meal.  The flavor of the pork was good, but I thought it was a tiny bit dry (and we used a meat thermometer - go figure.)  The peas were a bit oily for me, but they were old, and we probably only had about 1/2 as many as I had planned on using, so that amount of oil on twice as many peas would have been better I guess.  I'm still giving it 4 stars because the flavors were good.  Lacking ingredients, and not following directions aside, the meal would have been even tastier.

Pork Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Tablespoon ground mustard
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 lb. each)
Directions
  1. In a small bowl, combine everything but tenderloins.  Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag.  Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat.  Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.  Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.  (I think DH put all of the marinade in with the pork, because he was commenting that he didn't have any to past it with.)
  2. Drain and discard marinade.  Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.  Bake at 450 for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.  Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.

Sesame snap peas Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 pounds fresh sugar snap peas
  • 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
  • 2 Tablespoons butter
  • 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
  • 1 Tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Directions
  1. In a large non-stick skillet, saute peas and red pepper in butter until crisp-tender.  Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails