Tuesday, September 14, 2010

no yeast pizza crust

Found this too at sparkrecipes.  I accidentally cooked it a long time with the toppings, but it didn't seem to do it any harm.  It tasted fine, but the texture wasn't what I am used to or like in a pizza crust.  A little chewy for me.  I'm not sure why the texture wasn't what I liked because the cornmeal crust was a bit different texture but it totally went with the taco pizza.  Anyway, the Italian seasoning in the recipe totally helped this, so like I said, it tasted good, it just wasn't my favorite texture for a pizza crust.  However, I did also bake it in a pan, but it was a stickier dough and not holding together very well so it seemed to need the pan.  So, on to the recipe.  I did double it from what I found on sparkrecipes.  Thankfully with this recipe I added the water slowly, but I still had to add about a Tablespoon of flour.


Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 Cup White flour (plus 1 extra tablespoon)
  • 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning 
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 3/4 Cup water
Directions
  1. Combine dry ingredients in mixer bowl.  Mix until combined.  Gradually add water until you get a nice consistency dough.
  2. Place dough on a greased cookie sheet and press to the edges.  (This didn't work so well for me.  I rolled it partially out on my counter, then pressed it the rest of the way into the cookie sheet.)
  3. Bake at 400 for 4 minutes to set the crust.  (you could probably do a tiny bit more here)  Add toppings (we added sauce, cheese, ham, pepperoni, and pineapple today.)  Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.  (I accidentally left mine in a long time because my 5 minute buzzer went of, I thought "I'll just leave it a couple minutes longer"  then someone brought in the baby who had fallen down and I kind of forgot about it.  Oops - even turned the oven up for the other pizza.  Somehow it wasn't burnt to a crisp and it was still edible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails