Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Grilled chicken with creamy roasted red pepper spaghetti

Posted by PicasaI hate it when I get a week behind on pictures because invariably if I'm that far behind I find a few pictures that I haven't even posted the recipes for.  This is one of those.  I made it sometime last week.  I remember the day because Brandon was home late, I ran to the store while the coals heated to buy a red pepper and something else we needed etc.  Busy day.  Probably why it never got blogged.  I liked it well enough.  It was a new twist on pasta with the creamy red pepper sauce, but it wasn't much liked by the children.  They did however love the chicken, but that was super plain.  The original recipe just had you grill it.  I added some garlic/herb seasoning.  The original recipe also had you add a cup of the pasta water and a chicken bouillon cube.  I just added 1 cup chicken stock.  It also used 4 Kraft singles - Yuck!  I used some other type of cheese - Muenster or colby jack maybe??  Sorry but I can't remember now.
The recipe came from a Kraft comida y familia magazine.

Ingredients
  • 8 chicken thighs (2 1/2 lbs) (I just used 1 package - I think it was 8 or 9 total.)
  • garlic/herb seasoning to taste
  • 2 red bell peppers
  • 1 lb spaghetti noodles (was out so we used fettuccine.)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (I used fat free)
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 4 oz. cheese (I used muenster or colby jack I think)
  • 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions
  1. Heat grill.  Heat a pot of water and cook spaghetti according to package directions. Sprinkle chicken with garlic/herb seasoning to taste and grill.  (I skinned all of mine but 2 for my boys.)  Grill the red peppers with the chicken for 10 minutes -turning occasionally (they should get blackened).  Take the peppers off the grill and continue grilling the chicken for 15 more minutes or until done.  (Recipe says to put the peppers in a paper bag but I didn't have one so I didn't do them.  I just peeled them when they were cool enough to handle.  When they are black, they peel easily.)
  2. Peel and seed the red peppers.  Put them in a blender with 1 cup chicken stock and blend until smooth.  Pour into a dutch oven or large pan (I used the pan I cooked my pasta in - the pasta was in the drainer)  
  3. Add the spaghetti and cheese.  Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until cheese melts and pasta is heated through.  Serve with chicken, top with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails