Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Baked Oatmeal

This recipe comes to you thanks to Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  I'm sure I halved the sugar, and I know I subbed applesauce for the oil, problem is I made it a couple of weeks ago and I don't remember.  I so hate that.  Defeats the purpose of my blogging.    I also overcooked it a bit.  I think I forgot to set the timer because I was only going keep it in a minute or 2 more, and ended up cooking it like 10 minutes more.  Oops.  I only thought it was OK, but then again, I overcooked it so it was a bit dry.  I will have to try it again because the flavor was good.  It was just dry. (I will adjust my rating accordingly when I retry this correctly.)   I did see another recipe on Jamie cooks it up that looks like fun to try as well.


Ingredients
  • 6 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup splenda (I may not have used the full cup of splenda or brown sugar - can't remember)
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup applesauce
  • 2 cups milk (I used skim)
  • 4 beaten eggs
  • 1 Tablespoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons salt
Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients together and bake in a greased 9 X 13 pan for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Like I said, mine took a bit longer to bake, but that seems to happens when you use lower fat ingredients.  Just don't get side tracked like I did and leave it in too long. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails