Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Menu Feb 17

So I got yet another new cook book. This one I actually ordered on Amazon way back in October or November but it was eternally backordered. They finally told me they weren't going to be able to send it so I found it "used" through Amazon. It isn't used at all. I have to check into that more often. I had to pay shipping and would not have with Amazon, but it was still cheaper than it would have been in the first place.
Anyway, the book I ordered is The Family Dinner Fix Cooking for the Rushed by Sandi Richard. She seems to plan like I do - variety, tries to get in veggies, but she also does things quick and organizes recipes by color (time taken to prepare/cook.) She even includes a rating from her family on a 10 point scale (totally making me consider changing my blog to a 10 point scale. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to rate something 4.5, but that's another story.) Anyway, seems fun. I like that each recipe is a meal - includes a protein, starch, and veggie. The other plus about this book is that the grocery list is already printed for you. If you don't want to copy it out of the book, you can go online and print one.
So, I'm going to just take week 1 and give the recipes a try. I'm pretty excited. This will be my easiest week to plan ever. She only does a week of 5 meals, but I already had 2 meals on the calendar (but I will change one so I only have 1 fish. That is my maximum on fish. I don't like it.) Plus, the recipes look pretty good. The week includes

  • Mexican Hamburgers
  • Spinach and Cheese Ravioli in a Tomato Tapenade with Green Beans
  • Asparagus-stuffed chicken with Hollandaise and Greek Salad
  • Red Snapper with Pineapple Salsa, Pecan Rice and Asparagus
  • Asian Meatball soup, baby carrots and dinner rolls
Then from what I already had planned
  • Chicken Tostada with mango salsa from TOH RC p. 16
  • Everyday cassoulet BC '09 page 16 (pork with beans)
Other things I want to try
mac and cheese here or here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails