Thursday, February 25, 2010

sloppy joes

Had to make these this evening for blue and gold. Not my favorite recipe. It had a bit of a tang from the brown mustard, but mostly it was just really sweet for a sloppy joe. I also didn't think it was "sloppy" enough, and I even added extra Ketchup. I'd definitely go with my mom's sloppy joe recipe (I'll post this on the weekend) or just buy Mamwich. But I post it just because maybe someone likes a sweet and a bit tangy sloppy joe.

Sloppy Joes
By Christy's Clipart
Description:
This is Mac's favorite and it is great to freeze to:)
Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped (I use 1/3 Cup dried minced onion to make it quicker)
1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon brown mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions:
TO Freeze: I brown and drain the ground beef, you can either sauté the onion with the beef or just add the minced dried onion without cooking it. I let the ground beef cool, toss in a freezer Ziploc bag, add the minced onion, and all the other ingredients, and freeze.

When you're ready to eat it, thaw it, and reheat in a pan until it's warmed up. If you're just making it without freezing it, you would brown the beef and sauté the onion. Then add all the other ingredients and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until sauce has thickened and divide between 4 hamburger buns and serve. (We like it over "homemade" bread machine bread, instead of worrying about having hamburger buns around). Nice and easy! I like that! =) Hope you enjoy! =)Karinna
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
Category: Main Meals Servings: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails