Tuesday, February 9, 2010

pork medallions with asian flair

This recipe is from my taste of home healthy cooking recipe cards book that I picked up. It turned out pretty well, and was quick and easy. Can't complain about that. Took longer to cook the rice than make the dinner. I served this with some stir fry veggies that I sauteed in my wok then added butter, soy sauce and garlic.



Ingredients
  • 1 pork tenderloin (1-1.5 lbs) halved and thinly sliced
  • 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I actually only used 1/2 of the 1/8)
  • Hot cooked brown rice
Directions
  1. In a large non-sitck skillet, saute pork in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
  2. Add remaining ingredients to the pan; cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. REturn pork to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails