Friday, October 1, 2010

Chunky Monkey pancakes

This was our breakfast this morning, and it was delicious!!  I found this particular combination at another fun website called Our best bites. I have seen the maple syrup/peanut butter combo on other websites, but paired with the banana chocolate chip pancakes it was simply wonderful.  I actually ran out of baking powder and so I didn't add as much as the recipe said, but it was perfectly fine.  Still got fluffy, yummy pancakes. I preferred these with the bananas nicely smashed.  I tried to leave a few chunks, but that seemed to make them take longer to cook or leave doughy sections around the banana.
Did I mention I loved the combo of flavors?  peanut butter and banana - I like those together, peanut butter and chocolate - great together, peanut butter and maple syrup - love that on waffles - put them all together.  Delicious.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 3 Tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder (we only used just over 1)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 Tablespoon oil
  • 1 egg
  • 2 small ripe bananas (mine were more like medium large)
  • 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips tossed with 2 teaspoons flour
  • 1 cup maple syrup (I used a butter lite flavor)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
Directions
  1. Mix wet ingredients (buttermilk, vanilla, oil, and egg) in a bowl.  Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt) in another bowl.
  2. Mash bananas with a fork in another bowl.  Mix wet ingredients, dry ingredients, and bananas.  Fold in chocolate chips.  
  3. Bake on a griddle (at about 350) or in a skillet.  I measured out 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake.  That made the perfect sized pancake for me.
  4. Place the peanut butter in a microwave safe container.  Microwave for 30 seconds.  Stir.  Add the syrup.  Microwave for 30 more seconds.  Stir until combined.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails