Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Confetti rice

I had planned to make this with a pork chop meal because it was pictured with it in my Taste of home magazine. However, I ended up making it with a chicken meal.  It went well with the meal, but I had just made Mexican white rice.  This was too much rice too close together for me.  While this was good, I prefer the Mexican white rice.  Something about the sweetness of the toasted corn, and the addition of milk really make it a nice side dish.
Don't get me wrong, this was a lovely side dish of rice.  I liked it, thought it would look great at Christmas with the red peppers and green peas. I did double this, but I'm writing the single recipe.

 Ingredients

  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • 1 cup rice
  • 1/4 teaspoon oregano
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 cup diced red pepper (or 1/2 green, 1/2 red)
  • 1/2 cup frozen green peas
Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
(I just read the actual instructions and they had you add the peas at the end then let them sit while they warmed up.  Probably would have made for sweeter peas which would have been yummy.  I will try that next time.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails