Saturday, October 23, 2010

peanut butter and jelly muffins

Here is another breakfast recipe from recipe shoebox.  This is actually the first recipe I have tried from there that I just did not have any luck with.  It looks so nice and simple on that site.  Just put the dough in the muffin tin, nicely add the jelly, top with more dough and whah la, cute little stuffed muffins.  Well, that was not the case for me.  The dough was very thick for some reason so it was semi hard to get it into the muffin tins in the first place.  Then the jam I was using was home-made and a tiny bit thin (not syrupy or anything, just not jelly, jam or preserves.)  Anyway, it tried to slide all over the place.  Then when I topped the jam with the last bits of dough, it didn't cover well.  That led to some awful problems when these cooked - the jelly melted and came out the sides of the muffin all over the top of the muffin tin.  So messy.  They were also a bit dry (maybe due to the fact that they were soo thick.)  I followed the recipe except that I used full fat peanut butter not reduced (should have made them less dry right?)  I also didn't use sugar free spreadable fruit, just regular homemade strawberry jam. I can't imagine those 2 changes making that big of a difference in the muffin.  Not sure what went wrong.
I'm not posting the recipe, just the link to the recipe.  I like the concept of these and I like the flavor of peanut butter and jelly.  If I try these again, I will probably add a bit of sweetener to the muffin dough.  Maybe honey or agave to make the batter a little less thick.   I'd probably also thin out the batter a bit. Maybe add a banana?
If you want cute pictures check out the link above.  Here are some photos of my fiasco.
You can see the mess they were.  A couple ended up with holes in the bottom and the jelly leaked.  They were a bit dry and crumbly.
Below they are in the pan jelly oozing everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. As I can see from here that you are a dessert lover that's why you should also try baklava. And for baklava delivery I'll suggest you for visiting Dubai's any sweet shop. Because after Turkey Dubai is the best place where you could get the real taste of baklava.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails