Friday, October 8, 2010

pork chops with herb pesto

This is what I made to go with zucchini pancakes (or vice versa)  It too came from my taste of home healthy cooking magazine, but I changed the spices used to fit what I had on hand.  It turned out great.  Well liked by everyone.  But at the same time, just pork chops.

Ingredients

  • 4 boneless pork loin chops
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 Tablespoons water
  • 1 Tablespoon oil (I used like 3/4 T because that was what I had left in the bottle.)
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 Tablespoon each minced fresh rosemary, oregano, parsley and basil
Directions
  1. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.  In a small bowl, combine the water, herbs, oil and garlic;  brush over both sides of chops.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
  2. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.  Grill chops covered over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is 160 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails