Thursday, May 26, 2011

Asian beef with noodles

This was a pretty simple recipe from my Taste of home Simple and Delicious magazine.  Quick and easy with a decent amount of veggies.  Great sauce (although I probably could have used a tiny bit more, but I think I used a few extra noodles, so that is partly my fault.)
The only prep work was to chop 1 pepper, green onion, and slice the beef.  Other than that, this went together really quickly.  However, I did change up the directions a bit.  Originally they had you toss the veggies in with the pasta - I wanted them even more crisp, so I just tossed them with the beef just before adding the noodles.

Ingredients

  • 8 oz angel hair (or spaghetti) noodles, broken in half
  • 3 cups fresh sugar snap peas
  • 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
  • 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing (I used lite or fat free)
  • 12 oz. sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
  • 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
  • 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 green onions sliced
  • dry roasted peanuts as desired for sprinkling.
Directions
  1. In a large saucepan, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
  2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat salad dressing over medium-high heat.  Add beef, cook for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.    Add peanut butter and soy sauce.  Stir until smooth. Add peas and red peppers.  Heat through.  Add noodles and onions.  Stir to combine.  Serve.  Sprinkle each serving with peanuts as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails