I added some extra carrot from the original recipe, but that is about it.
- 2-3 pounds pork loin, trimmed of fat and cut into 3 -4 pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded (2 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced (2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 12 oz. jar barbecue sauce
- 8-10 hamburger buns
- Place pork, carrot, bell pepper, onion and barbecue sauce in a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker and stir to combine. (you can use 1/2 of the barbecue sauce now, and 1/2 later - I actually used only 1/4-1/3 of the barbecue sauce, because that was all I had at the time.) Cover and cook on low until the pork is tender. 6-8 hours.
- When meat is done, remove from slow cooker and shred. Stir meat back into the slow cooker until well combined with the sauce/veggie mixture. Serve on buns.