- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 16 oz. package baby carrots
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple packed in juice (I'd probably use 2 next time)
- Place chicken, carrots, teriyaki sauce, garlic and ginger into a 5-6 quart slow cooker and stir to combine. (If using a larger can of pineapple, I'd add 1/2 of the juice -drained from the crushed pineapple- here as well.) Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 - or until chicken is cooked through and carrots are tender.
- When done, drain juice out of the pineapple into a bowl. Add the crushed pineapple to the slow cooker. Whisk the cornstarch into the juice, then stir that into the slow cooker. Cover and continue cooking until the juices thicken - about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles. (We had it over brown rice.)