Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches

I've had a week off from blogging while we went to Disney World.  So nice to take a vacation.  AND we ate so well every day.  Of course I had my favorite places.  Probably topping my list was the Tusker House at Animal Kingdom.  We had breakfast there and it was soooo good.  I looked at a couple of Disney cookbooks while I was there.  If I had seen any recipes for anything I ate at that breakfast, I would have been highly persuaded to buy one.  :)  Probably second on my list was The Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios.  I also liked the German and the Chinese restaurants at Epcot.  So much fun, and so many things to try - we even had Moroccan food one night.  Anyway, I've spent the last 3 days blogging about our trip on my family blog so I'm now 3 days behind here (not to mention the couple of recipes I missed while frantically trying to get ready for the vacation.)  So much for the vacation.  :)
I'm starting with last night's dinner for no particular reason other than it was the first book I grabbed.  
The menu was Italian Roast beef Sandwich with a cheddar broccoli soup.  I wasn't a huge fan of the soup.  It had beef broth and Worcestershire sauce in it.  While the flavor was fine with those ingredients, it just tasted like some other soup - not cheddar broccoli.  Beef and broccoli maybe?  Anyway, not worth typing up - not to mention I can hardly read my notes in my magazine.  (Original from Taste of Home Simple and Delicious Magazine.)  Here is how I made them.

Servings 8-10 - 

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (I used lite)
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 6 cups spinach
  • 2 large ciabatta loaves (recipe to follow) sliced in half
  • 10 oz sliced roast beef (No idea on exact amount.  I just put folded slices all the way down the bread)
  • 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 cucumber, cut in half, seeded, and sliced
  • 1/4 cup sliced olives, drained
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine salad dressing, Parmesan cheese, pepper, and spinach.  Toss to combine.
  2. Place 1/2 of the salad mixture on bottom of one loaf, top with 1/2 of the roast beef, tomato, cucumber and olives.  Replace top of the loaf and slice into individual servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails