Thursday, May 19, 2011

Maple Pecan pancakes

So glad I made a menu for the rest of the month.  It is totally letting me have time to blog since I don't have to do that today, or even go shopping - maybe just for a couple of things if I change my mind on tomorrow's menu.  (How funny, I wrote that this morning then got side tracked by tons of other things.  Life is so like that.)
Anyway, I made these pancakes a couple of days ago.  I tried to use coconut oil in them, and even tried to work it into the dough like you do with shortening, so it wouldn't clump, but it still clumped horribly when it got cold when the milk and eggs were added.  Not sure how to solve the problem - other than not use coconut oil.
Original recipe is from $5 dinner mom.  Here is my modification

Ingredients

  • 2 cups wheat flour
  • 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
  • 2 Tablespoons Truvia
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 6 Tablespoons maple syrup
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 Tablespoons coconut oil (although I may try vegetable oil or applesauce next time)
  • 2 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/2 -1 cup chopped pecans (I made only 3/4 with pecans since I have some kiddos who don't like nuts and have braces.) 
Directions

  1. Preheat electric griddle to 350 or heat a skillet over medium high heat.
  2. In a large bowl, combine wheat flour, AP flour, Truvia, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  Add the maple syrup, eggs, oil and milk and whisk until a smooth batter forms.  Fold in chopped pecans.  (I baked a few before adding the pecans for 2 of my anti-nuts kids) 
  3.  Bake on griddle until pancakes bubble - flip and cook on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails