Here is how I made it
- 1/4 lb master recipe (see below)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (I used only 1 on the second batch)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (second batch I left this out)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons yeast
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 4 cups lukewarm water
- Basically mix everything together in a large lidded container until well combined. Leave on the counter for 2 hours. Put in the fridge overnight - Use as directed in whatever recipe.
- Mix oil, cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Roll out dough to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Spread oil over the dough to within 1/2 inch of the edge. Roll up into a log like you would a cinnamon roll. Take the log and roll it into a coil. Let rest loosely covered with plastic wrap for 20 minutes.
- After the rest, roll the coil out flat until it is an 1/8 inch thick circle.
- I baked mine on my electric skillet like I do tortillas. Bake 2 to 5 minutes each side until done.