- 1 1/2 lbs tilapia (4-6 fillets)
- 1 cup sliced or slivered almonds, finely chopped (I threw them in my blender.)
- 3 Tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (a home-made version I had)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 425. Place each tilapia on a cutting board and slice it down the center to make 2 smaller fillets. Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and aside. Combine almonds, bread crumbs, brown sugar, celery salt, pumpkin pie spice, salt, cinnamon, and pepper on a plate. Whisk together the egg and water on another plate, and place the flour on a third plate.
- To bread the fish, coat both sides with flour and shake off excess. D ip in the egg, then coat evenly with the nut mixture. Place fish on prepared pan, mist with nonstick cooking spray and bake until golden brown, and the fish is cooked through. (about 15 minutes.)