Unfortunately, since I made this 2 weeks ago and I can't exactly remember my changes. I'm trying to write it as I made it, but I'm not 100% sure on proportions of ginger and garlic powder I used, but I am probably 80% sure this is what I did. :)
Servings - 6
Prep time: - 30 minutes
- 1.25-1.5 lbs chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 extra large egg, beaten (I happened to have this size on hand this week.)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1.5 Tablespoons canola oil (although I think I'd try coconut oil next time and that is a guess on the measures, I just add some to the pan.)
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1/2 inch thick strips.
- Mix the coconut, bread crumbs, salt, ginger and garlic powder until well combined on a plate. Beat the egg on another plate, and place the flour on a third plate.
- Heat a couple teaspoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. While that is heating, begin breading the chicken. Coat both sides with flour, shake off excess. Dip in egg, then coat evenly with the coconut mixture.
- When oil is heated, add the chicken and cook until the bottoms are golden brown 4-5 minutes. Flip chicken strips, adding another couple teaspoons of oil as necessary and cook until no longer pink and bottoms are golden brown.