Sunday, December 20, 2009

3 bean chili

This is a family favorite. It is one of my mom's recipes. We love it at our house and it is super easy. She used lima beans. I don't like them so I've switched them to black beans. She also uses a whole pound of bacon. I usually use 6 pieces.



Ingredients
  • 1 lb. hamburger
  • 1 lb bacon (I use 6 pieces)
  • Onion
  • 1/2 cup catsup
  • 2 Tablespoons vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar (I think I only used 1/2. This is a sweet chili, but that makes it very kid friendly)
  • 1 large can pork and beans
  • 1 large can kidney beans
  • 1 can black beans

Brwon hamburger and bacon with onion. (I just use my precooked beef and sometimes even precooked bacon - super speedy) Drain.
Add remaining ingredients. Simmer until flavors are combined. (or cornbread is ready.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails