Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Lumpia

We had Lumpias and fried rice for New Years' eve dinner. I usually like Lumpias (eggrolls) more that this night, but I didn't use the sausage that came in the tube, and it lacked in flavor from the norm. It was still good though - it just needed the sweet and sour sauce more than it usually does.
I did NOT like the egg roll wrappers I had this time. They were too floury. Made my fingers a mess. Yuck.


Ingredients
  • 2 cups cabbage, shredded (I used more)
  • 1 cup potato, shredded (1 medium potato)
  • 3/4 cup carrots, shredded (I used 3 medium carrots)
  • 1 lb. ground sausage (I used mild italian sausage in the package from the grocery store this time. It was too mild. It needed the sausage in a tube.)
  • 1/2 cup celery, diced (I used 2 stalks)
  • 1/4 cup green peppers diced (I used 3/4 of a green pepper)
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • salt, pepper, soy sauce
  • egg roll wrappers
  • sweet and sour sauce for dipping
Directions:

Chop/shred veggies in the food processor. Brown meat; drain. Add onion, celery and green pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables and enough water to cook the vegetables until tender. Season with salt, pepper and soy sauce. (It needs a good amount of soy sauce. I actually don't put any extra salt in it. I find it plenty salty from the soy sauce.) Drain any juice and cool. Put 1 Tablespoon meat mixture in each wrapper. Fold and seal wrappers. Fry filled wrappers in hot grease just until brown. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails