Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sweet corn bread

This was a recipe from allrecipes. I did my own thing to it because I really wanted a corn bread that used cream of corn. It was OK, but I like my mom's recipe better which I will post right after this. It just won't have a picture right away.

Ha! Just kidding. I have no idea what I did. I can't figure out what recipe I used as a base. I thought it was one on allrecipe that called for 1 cup of cream, and I subbed out the cream for 1 can cream of corn. It really wasn't my favorite corn bread anyway, so no loss. I'll just post my mom's. It is still my favorite flavor wise, but I'm still looking for something with more corn or cornmeal. This is also great for breakfast.

Sweet corn bread

Combine
  • 1/2 cup cornmeal
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a seperate container combine
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 3 Tablespoons melted butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
Mix wet and dry ingredients. Pour into a greased 8 X 8 pan or double and use a 9 X 13. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes (8X8) or about 45 minutes (9X13)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails