Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pecan-Rum Bars

I made these pecan bars out of the same Pillsbury recipe book as the mint brownies. They were also tasty. Had a couple of issues with the recipe - they are noted below with the recipe. The recipe also had an icing, but I didn't make it, so I didn't include the recipe for it.


Ingredients

Crust
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 cups flour
Filling
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
  • 1 teaspoon rum extract
  • 2 cups pecan halves
Directions

1. Heat oven to 375. Grease bottom and sides of 9X13 pan with cooking spray (do not use dark pan).
2. In meduim bowl, beat 1 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar with electric mixer on low speed until creamy. Stir in flour. Press evenly in pan.
3. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center springs back when touched lightly. (I did 14 minutes, it wasn't golden brown. Probably needed more time, and it was a bit runny for the next step to work well, but I wouldn't change the time or it would burn.)
4. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix all filling ingredients except pecans. Stir in pecans. Pour over crust, spreading pecans evenly. (This was not easy. The crust pushed up around the edges and sunk somewhat in the middle. I had to kind of spoon the sauce around to get any on the edges. But like I said, I wouldn't cook the crust more because it would burn with the time I had to cook the filling to get it to set.)
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until filling is set. (This took me more like 20-25 minutes. I started with 12 minutes and added 3 minutes 3 or 4 times before it was set.) Cool completely, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails